Wednesday racing heads to Warwick Farm for another good midweek meeting.
Billy Bestford has done the form and previews every race on the card today.
The track is currently rated a good 4 and the rail position is as follows: +5m 1000m-W/Post, +3m Remainder.
There has been a bit of rain around again in Sydney and more forecast so we may see a downgrade throughout the day.
Best Bet: Race 4 – (5) Niffler
Best Value: Race 7 – (2) Osamu
Race 1- 1100m Harry Angel @ Darley Mdn
Bit of a rarity here but we have every horse in the field making their debut today in this 2yo maiden.
(1) California Deeply looked handy enough winning a recent trial on a soft 7 at Randwick two weeks ago. Went to the line under his own steam and obviously ticked the wet track box. Mcevoy rode him that day and sticks for today and should have him in a prominent spot from gate 3.
(7) Shalailed wasn’t asked to do too much in his most recent trial. Bowman jumps straight on for the debut and there’s a bit of a wrap from the stable in his chances today.
(4) Okataina has had two trials leading into this and looks the next best off.
Betting Strategy: 1u WIN California Deeply
Race 2- 1100m Vinery Mdn Hcp
(6) Lucky Sun showed enough last prep to think he can be competitive here. On exposed form he’s finished behind a few handy horses and he should make his own luck up on the speed.
(1) Barrichello has five placings to his name and surely a win is close. He closed well from the back fresh to just miss and all runs on wet tracks have been superior to dry form.
There’s some wraps on (5) Kanazawa who debuts today for Godolphin. Looked good at two recent trials and might just be better than these. Wide draw will mean he needs luck.
Also Backing: (1) Barrichello – $7.00 at TopSport
Betting Strategy: 0.5u WIN Lucky Sun
Race 3- 1600m Precise Air (bm72)
I like seeing (1) Solar Apex stepping back in grade and trip here. Ran on okay over 2000m in a decent Saturday bm78 but looks much better placed here. The 1.5kg claim is a big positive and he has a very good record over the mile.
(2) Momack will be a big improver here 3rd up. Loves the wet and drops 3kg on his last performance in this same grade.
(7) Just A Jedi looks the value runner in the race and is ready to peak 4th up. He’s a winner over the mile and has a win to his name at his only other 4th up run.
Betting Strategy: 1.5u WIN Solar Apex
Race 4 – 1600m R4 The Agency (bm72)
Keen to be with (5) Niffler here who brings an unbeaten record into this race. Steps up in grade yet again but has looked good winning both starts to date. The maiden he won has produced 4 subsequent winners since, while he hit the line well first up to win a Class 1 at Wyong. Looking forward to seeing him step out to the mile which should suit. It’s not easy going from a class 1 to a bm72 but think this horse might go on to win some decent enough races.
(8) Dynasties is screaming out to win another race following two runner-up finishes this prep. Blinkers go on today and the stable will have her primed today.
Betting Strategy: 2.5u WIN Niffler
Race 5 – 2400m Tab (bm72)
Open staying race here but I’ll put (8) Deniliquin on top who was very good last start stepping to 2300m for the first time. Should only be suited rising another 100m here and drops 3.5kg on that performance. Gets a weight swing on Outlook and handles wet.
(3) Black Queen has been a model of consistency her whole career and gets out to 2400m for the first time. Was disappointing as a short favourite last start but was really grinding in the straight there and think she’s been looking for further.
Can’t knock (4) Outlook who keeps running well. Was very tough last start win on a heavy track after a little freshen up. Should be fitter now and will be in the finish once again.
Betting Strategy: No Bet
Race 6 – 1300m 1st Justify Yearlings (bm64)
Hoping (7) Glittery might be in for a big prep following a nice first up win. Has always been a horse who’s shown talent and thinking she might’ve turned a corner now with a good first up performance. She will certainly be suited by the give in the track and looks ready to step up to this trip for the first time. Bowman jumps aboard today and draws nicely in gate 6. This race is arguably no tougher than the one she won first up.
(3) Rebel Shadow is a swimmer and broke his maiden well last start over this trip. Yet to miss the trifecta in four starts and I think he can take the next step now with that win under his belt.
(5) Crosscube next best for me and should improve off a 2nd when fresh off a five month break.
Betting Strategy: 1u WIN Glittery
Race 7 – 1000m R7 Bowermans (bm72)
(10) Rubinocchi was a good run first up from a long spell, only just going down in a photo over 1000m. Gets through the conditions and from barrier 2 he can possibly settle a bit closer today. Drops in the weights and in a pretty open race I think he looks as good a winning chance as any.
(2) Osamu has some good form in better races than this but doesn’t always help himself. Trials leading in have been solid enough and I think he can win here if he pulls out his best.
(9) Quatenus is two wins from three and clearly has scope to improve. Ran 2nd on a heavy track on debut so should be fine in the wet but will just need some luck from the wide draw.
Also Backing: (2) Osamu – $8.50 at TopSport
Betting Strategy: 1u WIN Rubinocchi, 0.5u WIN Osamu
RacingBet Account Required
All of our content is available for free – all you need is a RacingBet account. It only takes a minute to register and then you’ll be off and racing!
To access this page, please click here to login or create an account.