Racing continues at Rosehill this Saturday for a big ten race card.
Billy Bestford has done the form and previews every race on the card today. His best bet comes up in
The track is rated a good 4 and the rail is out 4 metres.
Best Bet- Race 4 – (8) Mr Mosaic
Best Value- Race 5 – (4) Fenech
Race 1- 1350m Cabra-vale Diggers (bm78)
(8) Shihonka returned to the track with a bang and showed enough there for me to think she may be in for a big prep. Trialled very nicely leading into that first up run and I don’t think she’ll have any issues stretching to 1350m. Will go straight to the front and it looks like she’s going to get her favoured dry conditions.
(1) Nicci’s Fling was a pass mark fresh and is a much better horse with a run under the belt. Will take a heap of improvement out of that and looks suited rising in trip.
(4) Saigon can always pop up and run a cheeky race fresh. Looks the value in the race.
Betting Strategy: 1.5u WIN Shihonka
Race 2 – 1800m Tab Highway Hcp (c3)
Another highway and another very open race so we’ll be playing a couple as I like to do in these races.
(1) So Say You will be the main bet here and is always competitive in these Highways. Loves racing here at Rosehill and draws a perfect gate which is crucial in these big fields. Expect Bowman to give her the run of the race and she looks hard to beat.
(6) Sumdeel ran a good 3rd in this grade a couple of weeks ago. Two wins before that were good and she’s still on the up.
(9) Hokahey is flying and brings some different formlines here. Will need some luck but can’t knock the winning form at the moment.
Betting Strategy: 0.5u WIN So Say You
Race 3 – 1200m C’bury-hurlstone Pk Rsl (bm72)
(5) Ka Bling was a very impressive winner last start. Was caught three wide most of the trip and kept finding to win. Really liked that run and I think he looks a big chance.
(1) Snitzonfire is unbeaten from three starts and the form has stacked up out of his last race. Three horses have come out and won since. You know what you’re going to get from him – he’ll lead and give a strong kick and will be tough as nails to run down.
At the current prices I’m happy to have something on both for a result.
Also Backing: (5) Ka Bling – $11.20 at Boombet
Betting Strategy: 1u WIN Snitzonfire, 0.5u WIN Ka Bling
Race 4 – 1100m Guildford Leagues (bm88)
Keen to be with (8) Mr Mosaic here coming into this first up without any trials. He did the exact same thing last prep and went on to win very well over this trip. Hoping he can slot in behind the speed from that barrier and should be in striking distance when they turn for home. He’s undefeated from three first up runs and if you are going to back him this prep, it should be here today.
(4) I Am Power can win but he seems to mix his form a little. His best would see him a big winning chance but he always goes well fresh and draws a nice gate.
Betting Strategy: 2u WIN Mr Mosaic
Race 5 – 1300m Midway (bm72)
(4) Fenech on top for me here who flashed a bit of ability last prep winning a couple of races. Recent trials have been solid enough and he maps for all the favours today. Toughest test to date but he will run very well.
(10) Critical Time was a good maiden winner last start and rises sharply in grade now. Think he could be alright and looks a decent value bet for the exotics.
(3) Artic Thunder is unbeaten from two first up runs and the stable have booked Jmac which is always a good lead. Ran 2nd in one of these Midways recently and no doubt he will be in the finish again.
Betting Strategy: 0.5u WIN Fenech
Race 6 – 1800m Campbelltown Catholic Clb-bm72
(7) Karlstad comes down to Sydney following some good form up in Queensland. Looks a horse on the up now and he may just have turned a corner this prep. I like that he stays at 1800m for this where many of his key rivals are dropping back in trip.
(11) Spaltet is lightly raced and looks a horse with a bit of talent. Was unlucky last start and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him hit back now 3rd up.
(2) Rousseau is in good form and should be given his chance yet again with Jmac on from a low draw. Drops back to 1800m here following two runs at 2040m.
Betting Strategy: No Bet
Race 7 – 2000m Cabra Bowls (bm78)
(7) Jazzland finally gets onto his favoured dry track and has been running very well this prep. Finished 2nd to Shibli in this grade last start and that horse has come out and run well yet again. Bowman should lead these up and he will take some catching.
(4) Born A King is a horse on the up and rises in grade yet again following a good win last start. 3rd up now to 2000m should suit and if he’s within striking distance round the run, looks a big winning chance.
(11) Comme Bella Fille rarely runs a bad race but does tend to get a long way back. She was also a good winner in weaker grade last start and looks progressive.
(3) Welsh Legend sure to improve 2nd up and straight out to 2000m. Has had a tick over trial in between runs so should be fit and ready.
Betting Strategy: 0.5u WIN Jazzland
Race 8 – 1500m Dooleys (bm72)
(1) Francesco Guardi has continued to improve at each run this prep and I think today could be the day for him. He was heavily backed last start but just had too much to do. Jmac can have him a touch closer today from gate 4 and 4th up now this horse should be ready to pull out a peak run.
(3) Too Much Caviar is a tough front-runner and will be rock hard fit now 3rd up. That win over Born A King reads well fresh and I’m glad to see he stays at 1500m.
(8) Waihaha Falls never seems to have much luck but has still only had four starts and always thought he has some ability. Like seeing him rise in trip now.
Betting Strategy: 1.5u WIN Francesco Guardi
Race 9 – 1400m Bankstown Sports Club (bm88)
(7) Canasta was unlucky fresh and has a very good record 2nd up. Can forgive the first up run and looks well set up here today. Gets in nice and light from a barrier which should keep him out of trouble and he can bounce back in a big way.
(3) Bigboyroy doesn’t know how to run a bad race and he deserved a win last prep. Has had a freshen up since a string of placings and I think he will be a big chance here over this shorter trip.
(2) Grand Piano has struggled to find his best form recently but I’m hoping with a run under the belt and stepping out in trip a little, we might see some improvement. Happy to speck him at a big price.
Betting Strategy: 1u WIN Canasta, 0.25u WIN Grand Piano
Race 10 – 1200m Smithfield Rsl Club (bm78)
(13) Queen Bellissimo was well backed first up and never looked like losing from the front. Rises in grade now but gets in nice and light and Alysha Collett should be able to dictate similar tactics and prove tough to catch. Looks a horse on the rise.
(8) Tamerlane can run a race fresh with Bowman on. He’s ridden him in all three career wins and trialled solidly on a wet track. Will be better onto a drying track here and if the leaders overdo it, will be right there.
(2) Much Much Better bolted in by 3L in a stronger race than this last start. Does rise 7kg off that performance however and I’m not sure he’ll be able to dictate terms as easily here. Trainer has some big wraps on him.
Also Backing: (8) Tamerlane – $7.50 at TAB
Betting Strategy: 1u WIN Queen Bellissimo, 0.5u WIN Tamerlane